How to Sell Your House – Ten Tips to Get You Moving
1) Call other agents and ask them to revalue your house. Your price may be too high. Of course you won’t want to lower your price but if you want to sell then you may have to. With a lower price you should get more viewings, and if you get a lot more, then buyers could outbid each other. It’s down to how much you want to sell.
2) View your house with fresh eyes. Do any rooms need a lick of paint? Providing you choose neutral colours new paint can add freshness to any room, it’s cheap, quick and you can do it yourself. If you want to be more creative you could add a bright colour to one wall and have matching accessories but that will add to the cost.
3) Check your house f or DIY. Handles hanging off the cupboards, dripping taps, windows without curtains or not hanging properly make the property look uncared for. You want people to want to live in your house. Sure you will get the buyers who want to renovate property, but they will also want to pay less money. Most buyers do not want to renovate property, especially if it is a family house. Book in a couple of weekends and evenings to get those jobs done.
4) Smells – sounds grim, but does your house smell? Do you have pets? Dog-owners can become used to the smell of their dog but to non dog-owners, it can be very off-putting. You may need to clean your carpets and deodourize the furnishings. One house I’ve seen turned out not to have a u-bend in the loo… easily fixed and problem gone. People want a fresh smell in the house and especially in the bathrooms and kitchens. Avoid cleaners containing bleach as the smell of bleach will linger. If you have a coffee machine, then great, put it on before you have any viewings. It’s a very welcoming smell.
5) What’s the first impression of your property. Check from the outside and make sure it’s a good one. Especially if your property has been on the market for a long time and you’ve give up hope, the outside of the property might look neglected. Keep it looking good – you only need one person to buy your property. You need your front garden in especially good condition – doesn’t take much time and makes a big difference. Keep the hedge trimmed and everything looking well cared for.
6) Cleanliness. For every viewing, make sure it’s really clean. Sure, first impressions are hugely important, but after a favourable first impression, people begin to look closer. They want to live in a clean house and feel good. Dirt will turn people off your property.
7) Declutter. People want space. If your property has been on the market for a while you may have let things get cluttered. Have another clear out, tidy up and generally create space. You want to create a light, spacious and welcoming feel to your house, and where people will be able to imagine themselves in your property.
8) Ask a few agents to value your property. You may need a new agent with a new set of house details. Talking of which, check your house details – do they actually sell your house? Are the photos good and is a floor plan included? Some house details can be so poor, even negative with unflattering photos. Check that your agent is actively doing his job of selling your properly, not merely listing it. If he is not enthused by your property then you need another agent. Also, if he has had
your property on his books for a long time, then he may have lost hope in selling it and this may come out in his voice or odd comment to potential buyers – hopefully not, but worth checking out.
9) Say Yes to all viewings and be ready an hour before – agents can turn up early. Viewings are great on one hand, but you need to prepare for each one. You’ve got to tidy up, clean and ideally, be out of the property. People who are viewing your house really are interested in actually buying your house, even if their property isn’t on the market. Clean and tidy and then go out and do something nice – at least then you’ll come home to a nice, clean house and you’ve had a good time, even if it’s just round to the neighbours. And most definitely, let your agent have a spare key. When you come to sell your house you’ll be paying your agent a hefty fee so make use of them. Do not show potential buyers around yourself unless you are a salesman – in your nerves or over-keeness to sell your house you may hamper a sale instead.
10) When you’ve done what you think you need, enter your house as if you were a buyer and what do you see? Make more changes to give the best impression you can. It’s a detail but flowers always add freshness, brightness and show you care about where you live. In making these changes hopefully you’ll have the bonus of enjoying your property more whilst you live in the property!
Good luck with your house sale.
Susy Copus writes for the UK Property Search Engine, Wheres My Property and Renovate Alerts, the site that finds property to renovate.
Want to Sell Your House Quickly? Try These 7 Tips to Sell Your House Faster
There is no denying it. It has become a lot tougher to sell your house fast in recent times due to the recession. But despite the lack of life in the real estate agents office, people stil need homes. The recession does make things more difficult but people still have to move, this could even be as a result of the recession. Not everyone is suffering as much as the realtors or the banks. Follow the 7 tips to sell your house faster to distinguish your house from all the rest and sell your house quickly.
1. First appearances are everything if you want sell your house fast. Most potential buyers have decided whether they want to buy the house before they have even stepped onto the property. Do your best to make sure the house looks as inviting as possible if you want to sell your house quickly. Make sure the front yard is free from debris and maybe make the effort to plant a few flowers.
2. Finish all unfinished DIY projects! This is very important if you want to sell your house fast. Nobody wants to move into a house with DIY to do before they have even unpacked. Especially, if the jobs are big ones, if they wanted a property to fix up they would be looking for one. So if you want to sell your home quickly, make sure all those jobs have been wrapped up.
3. Clean, clean, clean if you want to sell your house quickly. As before, you want them to be imagining themselves in your house not distracted by the dirt. Female buyers will be extremely put off and are often the ones making the decisions. Pay extra special attention to the kitchen and bathroom as these areas harbour the most filth.
4. Get rid of all that clutter! It is very easy, to accumulate all sorts of things especially when you have lived somewhere a long time. No one wants to see this clutter and it will not sell your house fast. Be honest, its mostly crap isn’t it? Yes, so throw it away. If you can’t bear to part with it all, box it up. Then put it out of sight, ready to take to your next property.
5. I know its hard but try to de-personalise your home. Your personal effects may not be to everyone’s liking so put them away if you want to sell your home quickly. Remember, you want people to imagine themselves in your house and this is hard to do when its full of other people bits and bobs.
6. Similarly, to sell your house quickly you need to assess your décor. This can really put some buyers off as all they are thinking about is the amount of painting they will have do when they move in. If you decide it needs redoing, keep it as inoffensive as possible. This means lots of neutral, safe colours like beiges, peaches and other soft warm colours to ensure you sell your home quickly.
7. Look happy to be in your house when potential buyers come to view your house if you want to sell your house fast. If you look happy and relaxed to be there and have followed these tips to sell your house faster then it sends out a good message about your home.
If you want to find out about a great way to sell your house quickly, read the following review: [sell your house quickly]
3 Tips To Sell Your House Fast
As most people already know, selling a house can be a frustrating and time consuming process. Not to mention all the costs involved. When you need to sell your house fast, it is important to know all the options available to you. You should also be aware of some preparatory work you can do to facilitate the process
The options available to you when selling your house may include using a real estate agent. This can take the pressure off you in some ways, but they will cost you thousands of dollars. Not to mention, there is still no guarantee that they can sell your house fast. You can always try to sell it yourself. However, keep in mind, you will have to deal with all the advertising, showing, and negotiating with potential buyers. These are all very time consuming steps. Many times agreements will fall through, leaving you where you started. Regardless of whether you decide to use a realtor, sell it yourself, or sell to an investor, there are a few steps you need to take to make sure you sell your house fast.
Make sure the lawn is in good condition. It should be mowed, edged, raked, etc. and be free of debris. This is the first thing potential buyers will see, so make sure to make a good first impression. Colorful plants and flowers are an economic way to attract people to your door. Any dead or dying plants and trees should be removed.
Remove the Clutter
Clutter isn’t just clothes or trash on the floor. You should also pack away knick knacks and excessive personal photos. Take out pieces of furniture to make rooms look more spacious. Put away small appliances to increase counter space. Wall paint should be a neutral color. The idea is to make your house as appealing as possible to the most amount of people. They have to be able to envision themselves living there.
Most people know that a house needs to be cleaned before you show it. Pay special attention to kitchens and bathrooms. Grout lines should be cleaned, and in some cases re-grouted. Make sure that clothing, toys, and other household items are stored away. Carpeting should be professionally cleaned, and in the worst case scenario, replaced.
Selling a home is a daunting task. By following these few tips, you can increase your chances to sell your house fast.
Discover how to sell your house fast with 1-800-SELL-FAST. We buy houses in any area, condition, or price range.
Selling Your Home? Tips to Sell Your House Quickly
We all know the economy is in terrible shape as is the real estate market. For sure, people are being a little more wise with their pennies than they were which makes it more difficult to sell your home quickly in a recession. I think it is fair to say, we won’t be as easily parted from our money as in times gone by. Selling your home fast is something rarely heard today.
However, life goes on and people still need places to live. There are still people looking to move, maybe even due to the recession. There are still young people that are looking to get a footing on the property ladder. You can sell your home quickly in a recession.
What you have to do is be wise with your money and do everything you can to make your home stand out from the bunch, there are alot of tips to sell your house quickly.
The real estate agents are definitely feeling the strain and the likelihood is they care even less than they did before about selling your home let alone selling it quickly. They have a lot of homes to sell and selling your home is not their priority, even though they like you to believe that is the case.
Consider this when you are thinking of paying the real estate agent around 6% commission on the total sale price of your house. Ask yourself if can you afford to be paying them this money, especially as your house has already lost value due to the recession. Follow the tips to sell your house quickly.
To sell your home quickly in a recession, hold an open day. This will increase interest as it will make your house look in demand. When you put an ad in the paper arrange a date and time for a public viewing. This does two things, firstly, it makes it easy for a potential buyer to view your house. This way there is no pressure and they can come to the viewing without feeling obliged in any way. Secondly, it makes your property appear as though it is very in demand and has had a lot of interest this is .
Be proud of your house and look happy to be there if you want to sell your home quickly in a recession. If you look desperate to get out of there, chances are, no-one will want to move in. Basically, if you don’t look happy to be there they won’t want to buy it. If you appear too desperate they will wonder what is wrong with your house. Smile, appear relaxed and happy. Act like you have all the time in the world to be selling your home.
It is very difficult to sell an empty property, a lot of buyers find it difficult to use their imagination. After all, imagining yourself living somewhere is hard when there are none of the things that we are used to seeing in our homes like sofas, beds and personal effects. It really does make a huge difference. If you really must leave your property empty, it is a good idea to rent furniture and accessories to make it look homely and inviting.
If you are selling your home, click on the following link to read a review of another way to sell your home quickly in a recession: [selling your home]
Tips To Sell A House Fast In Houston
As you probably already know, it can be complicated and time consuming to sell a house. Even more so if you need to sell a house fast. In Houston, the population mainly consists of academics, biomedics, aerospace and manufacturing communities. With people moving in and out on a regular basis, there can be a lot of competition in the real estate market.
The Houston real estate market is very active, but it can sometimes be difficult to sell a house fast. If you find yourself in a situation where you need to sell quickly, you may be better off contacting a reputable real estate agent to help you. They will do all the work associated with the sale and their experience in this area will speed up the process. This can take the pressure and frustration off of you that are associated with selling a house. You will have more time to concentrate on things you can do to make your house more attractive to prospective buyers. The following are some tips that can help.
First impressions are everything. Lawns are a commonly neglected part, make sure yours isn’t. Keep the grass mowed and edged, hedges and trees should be trimmed, and any clutter should be disposed of. Old, rusty toys or vehicles are not the first thing you want a buyer to see. As for the inside, you can never clean too much. Scrub kitchens and bathrooms, steam or replace dirty carpeting, and make sure fixtures and shelves are dust free. Patch any holes or cracks, and oil squeaky hinges.
Remove personal items from your space. Family photos, collectibles, and too much artwork can be overwhelming to prospective buyers. They will have a hard time envisioning their things in your house. Make sure clothes, toys, and pet items are stowed away out of sight. You want to appeal to as many people as possible, and not everyone has kids and pets. Walls should be a neutral color, repaint them if necessary.
With its competitive market, if you want to sell a house fast in Houston, staging is a must. Oversized pieces of furniture should be removed. The standard rule is to pare down 1/3 of the furniture in the house. This will highlight its spaciousness. Colorful plants, flowers, or even a bowl of fruit will give a natural splash of color. Make sure there are no pet, or other unpleasant odors.
Tell everyone you know and meet that your house is up for sale. Your neighbors may know someone interested in moving to your neighborhood. Relatives and coworkers can also help spread the word. Bring it up at any social events you attend. You never know where you can find potential buyers, and word of mouth can work wonders.
Local real estate agents can be a great option if you need to sell a house fast in Houston. A professional who has experience helping people buy and sell houses can save you a lot of time and effort. A competent realtor in your area will know everything there is to know about selling a house in your neighborhood. They will have the best contacts and sources. Along with these tips, you will greatly increase your odds to sell your house fast in Houston.
Discover how to sell a house fast in Houston with 1-800-SELL-FAST. We buy houses in any area, condition, or price range.
Tips In Selling Your Own House
When it comes about selling a house, it will definitely give you a huge headache. It involves a lot of processes and you may need agent to find buyer for your house. You will need to give some commission to your agent after selling your house. In fact, you do not need an agent to do it for you. The amount of commission is not small and it is not worth wasting that type of money. For instance, if you are selling a $ 500 000 house and the commission is 5%, that is already $ 25 000! Hence, stop wasting your time finding agents and read this tips in selling your own house today.
In order to sell your house out, make sure your house is in a good condition. Clear everything without leaving any rubbish behind. If outdoor of your house is messy, do some gardening and make your garden look good. Touch up the rooms which are damaged and make sure the house is clean. By doing so, you will give a good impression towards your buyers and they might think that your house is a worth buying property.
Besides that, research for the appropriate price. Sometimes when the price is too high people may think that you are trying to con them. House with very far lower price can be very tricky. People might think that there is something behind this property. For instance, people are afraid that the house is being haunted or the house is not properly built. Give a reasonable price and the buyer might think that you are being honest.
The next tips in selling your own house is convince your buyer that your location is good. Even though your location may not be the best, tell them all the facilities and services available around the town. Buyers may think that your house is a real convenient place and it is a good location to stay. Take these factors into consideration and sell out your house fast today.
Dennis enjoys writing and sharing articles on topics like http://www.simplerealestatecontract.com”>Real Estate Contract.
Selling Your Own House – 3 Tips
A major mistake that most people make today when selling their house is not knowing exactly how much it is worth. The value of your house is determined by what the market will bare. Here are a few tips to consider when selling your own house.
There have been more foreclosures over the last three years than at any other time in the history of the United States and this financial crisis has caused home valuations to drop as much as 60% or more. Unless you managed to get in at the right time it is unlikely that you will be selling your house at a profit and will likely just be trying to get out without a loss.
Make sure to get your house professionally appraised by someone who is not associated with a bank. Also take a look at the sales of similar houses that have recently sold in your area and come up with a reasonable bottom line figure and don’t settle for less.
Use Smart Copy Writing
Generally speaking the faster a house sells the better price you will get. If a home sits languishing on the market people will begin to wonder why. Your marketing strategy should be one of urgency, without conveying desperation. Make sure to stay away from words that make you appear desperate to sell as this will lower the value of your home. Keep the tone of the copy positive and upbeat use words that excite the readers imagination like “Picture Yourself, Imagine, see yourself…”
Have a Busy Open House
When you have your open house make sure that it is full. This conveys that there will be competition and will help up the offers a bit. You can do this in a couple of ways. Make sure to invite all of your prospective buyers over on the same day. The second is to have some food and drinks available and invite your friends as well. This will mean people will tend to stay longer and will give a relaxed atmosphere as people will feel more like they are at a party.
You can sell your own house without the need for a real estate agent and all of the hassles of an open house by selling to motivated buyers online.