How to Sell Your House – Ten Tips to Get You Moving
1) Call other agents and ask them to revalue your house. Your price may be too high. Of course you won’t want to lower your price but if you want to sell then you may have to. With a lower price you should get more viewings, and if you get a lot more, then buyers could outbid each other. It’s down to how much you want to sell.
2) View your house with fresh eyes. Do any rooms need a lick of paint? Providing you choose neutral colours new paint can add freshness to any room, it’s cheap, quick and you can do it yourself. If you want to be more creative you could add a bright colour to one wall and have matching accessories but that will add to the cost.
3) Check your house f or DIY. Handles hanging off the cupboards, dripping taps, windows without curtains or not hanging properly make the property look uncared for. You want people to want to live in your house. Sure you will get the buyers who want to renovate property, but they will also want to pay less money. Most buyers do not want to renovate property, especially if it is a family house. Book in a couple of weekends and evenings to get those jobs done.
4) Smells – sounds grim, but does your house smell? Do you have pets? Dog-owners can become used to the smell of their dog but to non dog-owners, it can be very off-putting. You may need to clean your carpets and deodourize the furnishings. One house I’ve seen turned out not to have a u-bend in the loo… easily fixed and problem gone. People want a fresh smell in the house and especially in the bathrooms and kitchens. Avoid cleaners containing bleach as the smell of bleach will linger. If you have a coffee machine, then great, put it on before you have any viewings. It’s a very welcoming smell.
5) What’s the first impression of your property. Check from the outside and make sure it’s a good one. Especially if your property has been on the market for a long time and you’ve give up hope, the outside of the property might look neglected. Keep it looking good – you only need one person to buy your property. You need your front garden in especially good condition – doesn’t take much time and makes a big difference. Keep the hedge trimmed and everything looking well cared for.
6) Cleanliness. For every viewing, make sure it’s really clean. Sure, first impressions are hugely important, but after a favourable first impression, people begin to look closer. They want to live in a clean house and feel good. Dirt will turn people off your property.
7) Declutter. People want space. If your property has been on the market for a while you may have let things get cluttered. Have another clear out, tidy up and generally create space. You want to create a light, spacious and welcoming feel to your house, and where people will be able to imagine themselves in your property.
8) Ask a few agents to value your property. You may need a new agent with a new set of house details. Talking of which, check your house details – do they actually sell your house? Are the photos good and is a floor plan included? Some house details can be so poor, even negative with unflattering photos. Check that your agent is actively doing his job of selling your properly, not merely listing it. If he is not enthused by your property then you need another agent. Also, if he has had
your property on his books for a long time, then he may have lost hope in selling it and this may come out in his voice or odd comment to potential buyers – hopefully not, but worth checking out.
9) Say Yes to all viewings and be ready an hour before – agents can turn up early. Viewings are great on one hand, but you need to prepare for each one. You’ve got to tidy up, clean and ideally, be out of the property. People who are viewing your house really are interested in actually buying your house, even if their property isn’t on the market. Clean and tidy and then go out and do something nice – at least then you’ll come home to a nice, clean house and you’ve had a good time, even if it’s just round to the neighbours. And most definitely, let your agent have a spare key. When you come to sell your house you’ll be paying your agent a hefty fee so make use of them. Do not show potential buyers around yourself unless you are a salesman – in your nerves or over-keeness to sell your house you may hamper a sale instead.
10) When you’ve done what you think you need, enter your house as if you were a buyer and what do you see? Make more changes to give the best impression you can. It’s a detail but flowers always add freshness, brightness and show you care about where you live. In making these changes hopefully you’ll have the bonus of enjoying your property more whilst you live in the property!
Good luck with your house sale.
Susy Copus writes for the UK Property Search Engine, Wheres My Property and Renovate Alerts, the site that finds property to renovate.
Sell My House – Stage Your Home For Quick Sell
Time for you to sell your home and you are wondering how you can prepare your home to sell and sell quickly. Real estate professionals call this staging and it’s a way to make your house look fantastic and prepared when people come in to take a look at your home. With staging it is all about setting the proper mood, so you want to be on your game.
Very simply follow your senses. Your sense of smell may not be the greatest, but someone else’s may so make sure to have someone with a sensitive nose come into your house and give you an honest assessment of how your home smells. Does it smell like mildew, dog, cat, old lady, you get the idea. Do what you can to remove those unwanted smells, add some beautiful and fragrant flowers. It masks potential smells and adds beauty to the area. That’s a double win for you.
If it looks messy or cluttered people are going to be turned off, that lived in look may work when all you want to do is stay in your house. However, if you are looking to sell that lived in look just doesn’t work. If it looks dirty or messy than it is and that’s going to be a major detractor from your ultimate objective of selling your home. Take a look for dirt and dust, old magazines, etc. and get rid of it. If it can be taken to a thrift store than that’s a great option and it will keep things from being too cluttered.
You don’t want the first thing the buyer sees when they come to your home being peeled paint on the outside; it’s hard to get past that for many people. The same thing goes for the inside of the house, if the paint is bad then that is going to be a major turnoff to most people.
You want people to visualize what it’s going to be like when they move in, not all the work they are going to need to do just to get it up to snuff. Take time and learn about home selling tips prior to putting it on the market, make sure you understand clearly how to best stage your home for maximum impact as people start coming to visit and view the home. You want to sell it quickly and staging will help you do just that.
Tab Pierce is an executive sales leader and security professional who has spent years as a serial entrepreneur. He has owned successful companies within eLearning, data management, telecommunications and others. He has also successfully assisted companies integrate sound sales processes into their organization.
Sell Your House Fast With Three Basic Steps
When you need to sell your house fast, it is important to know all the options available to you. You should also be aware of some basic things you can do to facilitate the process. The options available to you when selling your house may include using a real estate agent or real estate investor.
You can always try to sell it yourself. However, keep in mind, you will have to deal with all the advertising, showing, and negotiating with potential buyers. These are all very time consuming steps. Regardless of whether you decide to use a realtor, sell it yourself, or sell to an investor, there are a few steps you need to take to make sure you sell your house fast.
Most people know that a house needs to be cleaned before you show it. The main areas of concern are kitchens and bathrooms. These are the first places that your prospects will look. Carpeting should be professionally cleaned, and or replaced. Also, paint the main areas with a neutral color like tan or gray. Although bright colors may be appealing to some, they majority of people may be turned off.
Remove the Clutter
The idea is to make your house as appealing as you can to the largest number of people. Pack away knick knacks and excessive personal photos as people can be turned off by these things. Even though these photos and knick knack may have sentimental value to you, most people don’t understand this. By cleaning up the clutter it makes the place look cleaner, therefore more appealing. Also, put away small appliances like toasters, blenders, etc. to increase counter space.
Stage the House
Staging is one thing that is overlooked by most people. If you are living in the house Take out pieces of furniture to make rooms look more spacious. If you are not living in the house you will want to add a few pieces of furniture to give the potential buyer and idea of what it could look like if they lived there. If you don’t have extra furniture, there are companies that provide this service. Just Google “home staging” and you can start there.
Remember when a prospective buyer walks through that door they have to be able to envision themselves living there. When they walk through the door they need to feel like they are at home already. By following these few tips, you can increase your chances to sell your house fast.
Learn tips on how to sell your house fast by using a real estate investor.
Sell House Fast as Possible.
This article will go over what you need to be careful about when dealing with investors. You would consider selling to an investor if for example you wanted to sell your house fast or if you just wanted to avoid the inevitable stress of going through an agent. Selling to an investor is typically a straight forward affair, although you should keep the following few points in mind.
Only go with experienced investors – if you get the feeling that the investor is not competent or lacks experience, then choose another one – selling a house is a big deal and you want to work with good people on it.
Confirm that the offered amount is not going to change at any point. Sadly there are a very small number of people out there that will agree one figure only to reduce it several weeks into the process, sell house fast in the hope that the seller will be too far along to pull out. Obviously this is morally reprehensible and if you suspect that the investor may do something like this, and then run a mile. Fortunately, there are very few people who stoop so low as to use this tactic.
Look out for things like the investor calling when he says he’ll call etc – if he can’t keep small commitments, then what are the chances that he can keep big ones?
Ask how long it will take. Beware investors who promise too much – a lot of investors has the ability to complete in as little as a week. However to do this is actually quite difficult and can be quite expensive. Consequently most will do it in about 4-8 weeks. If it seems too good to be true, then it may just be.
Watch out for investors who claim to offer 90% of the market value of the property for a straight purchase. This is actually far above the level of possible finance for a property, so an experienced investor would be very unlikely to offer it. While some may, be careful that they don’t offer 90% now only to reduce it at a later stage.
Some investors do insist on getting the seller to pay for a survey although a lot of good investors pay for it themselves – make sure you get the investor to pay for it.
A god investor will also pay the legal fees for the seller – if he doesn’t offer to do this then ask him to do so.
A good investor should be able to make an offer within a day or 2 – if it takes much longer than this then they may have either too much going on themselves or may not be that competent -either way be aware of it.
Hopefully these tips will help you when you do speak with investors, if used with some good common sense you should hopefully be able to sell quickly.
For more details just visit our website sell home quickly
Want to Sell Your House Quickly? Try These 7 Tips to Sell Your House Faster
There is no denying it. It has become a lot tougher to sell your house fast in recent times due to the recession. But despite the lack of life in the real estate agents office, people stil need homes. The recession does make things more difficult but people still have to move, this could even be as a result of the recession. Not everyone is suffering as much as the realtors or the banks. Follow the 7 tips to sell your house faster to distinguish your house from all the rest and sell your house quickly.
1. First appearances are everything if you want sell your house fast. Most potential buyers have decided whether they want to buy the house before they have even stepped onto the property. Do your best to make sure the house looks as inviting as possible if you want to sell your house quickly. Make sure the front yard is free from debris and maybe make the effort to plant a few flowers.
2. Finish all unfinished DIY projects! This is very important if you want to sell your house fast. Nobody wants to move into a house with DIY to do before they have even unpacked. Especially, if the jobs are big ones, if they wanted a property to fix up they would be looking for one. So if you want to sell your home quickly, make sure all those jobs have been wrapped up.
3. Clean, clean, clean if you want to sell your house quickly. As before, you want them to be imagining themselves in your house not distracted by the dirt. Female buyers will be extremely put off and are often the ones making the decisions. Pay extra special attention to the kitchen and bathroom as these areas harbour the most filth.
4. Get rid of all that clutter! It is very easy, to accumulate all sorts of things especially when you have lived somewhere a long time. No one wants to see this clutter and it will not sell your house fast. Be honest, its mostly crap isn’t it? Yes, so throw it away. If you can’t bear to part with it all, box it up. Then put it out of sight, ready to take to your next property.
5. I know its hard but try to de-personalise your home. Your personal effects may not be to everyone’s liking so put them away if you want to sell your home quickly. Remember, you want people to imagine themselves in your house and this is hard to do when its full of other people bits and bobs.
6. Similarly, to sell your house quickly you need to assess your décor. This can really put some buyers off as all they are thinking about is the amount of painting they will have do when they move in. If you decide it needs redoing, keep it as inoffensive as possible. This means lots of neutral, safe colours like beiges, peaches and other soft warm colours to ensure you sell your home quickly.
7. Look happy to be in your house when potential buyers come to view your house if you want to sell your house fast. If you look happy and relaxed to be there and have followed these tips to sell your house faster then it sends out a good message about your home.
If you want to find out about a great way to sell your house quickly, read the following review: [sell your house quickly]
Using Expert Realtors to Sell Your House
Many people believe that they can sell their house on their own without any help from a realtor. They believe they can save the money on the closing costs by selling their own house. This is especially true because the internet has allowed for a vast flow of information and is an endless resource. However while some are successful this is something that you may want to reconsider.
There are many different reasons that you would want to use Parker realtorsto help you sell your house. The first reason is the most important and that is time. It takes a lot of time and effort to sell a house. You may have no problem putting in the time and effort however you will encounter a lot of problems along your journey. Parker realtors have the knowledge and experience of the local Parker, CO market that will allow them to solve these snags in no time where you may spend a lot of time trying to figure it out. You will also save a lot of time rather than trying to research other local Parker properties and find out the best price for your house. The right realtor can help you find the right price for your home, not only at the local area level, but at the neighborhood level!
Another important fact is the ever changing market conditions. Parker realtors are dealing with the market every day. They know how it has been going and they can see the trend of where it is going. By letting realtors handle your property you will not have to worry about the average dollar per square foot, mean selling prices, and comparisons of how much properties sold for versus how much they were listed for.
Another big project and time consuming effort will be to get your house noticed. You will have to create connections and spend the time, effort, and sometimes money to list your property. If people don’t know your property exists then you won’t sell it. Parker Realtors have many different avenues that they use for networking. They have different agencies, websites, and sometimes word of mouth connections that they use to sell a house. Without all of these tools your house may stay on the market for a long time as no one will know it’s there. The bottom line is don’t go with any Colorado real estate agent, but find one that knows Parker since it has its own unique factors.
Finally you would have to deal with negotiating and taxes. Negotiating can be a problem for some people that will cause them to lose a sale because they won’t go below their set price. Parker realtors can negotiate using a more professional aspect and can present their offers with the client’s best interest in mind. You also won’t have to deal with the taxing authorities and other bureaucracies during your sale. They will often want information before, during, and after you sell your home. There’s a lot of legal work that’s involved in Colorado with selling a house that you may not want to deal with.
Overall Parker represents a relatively large area, so Parker realtors stay in business due to referrals. Therefore they want to keep their clients happy and referring people. To save yourself time and effort you will definitely want to consider selling your house through a specialized realtor before you try to sell it yourself.
Parker Real Estate Agent and Denver Real Estate Investor
Denver Real Estate
3 Tips To Sell Your House Fast
As most people already know, selling a house can be a frustrating and time consuming process. Not to mention all the costs involved. When you need to sell your house fast, it is important to know all the options available to you. You should also be aware of some preparatory work you can do to facilitate the process
The options available to you when selling your house may include using a real estate agent. This can take the pressure off you in some ways, but they will cost you thousands of dollars. Not to mention, there is still no guarantee that they can sell your house fast. You can always try to sell it yourself. However, keep in mind, you will have to deal with all the advertising, showing, and negotiating with potential buyers. These are all very time consuming steps. Many times agreements will fall through, leaving you where you started. Regardless of whether you decide to use a realtor, sell it yourself, or sell to an investor, there are a few steps you need to take to make sure you sell your house fast.
Make sure the lawn is in good condition. It should be mowed, edged, raked, etc. and be free of debris. This is the first thing potential buyers will see, so make sure to make a good first impression. Colorful plants and flowers are an economic way to attract people to your door. Any dead or dying plants and trees should be removed.
Remove the Clutter
Clutter isn’t just clothes or trash on the floor. You should also pack away knick knacks and excessive personal photos. Take out pieces of furniture to make rooms look more spacious. Put away small appliances to increase counter space. Wall paint should be a neutral color. The idea is to make your house as appealing as possible to the most amount of people. They have to be able to envision themselves living there.
Most people know that a house needs to be cleaned before you show it. Pay special attention to kitchens and bathrooms. Grout lines should be cleaned, and in some cases re-grouted. Make sure that clothing, toys, and other household items are stored away. Carpeting should be professionally cleaned, and in the worst case scenario, replaced.
Selling a home is a daunting task. By following these few tips, you can increase your chances to sell your house fast.
Discover how to sell your house fast with 1-800-SELL-FAST. We buy houses in any area, condition, or price range.
Staging and Selling a House So it Will Sell Faster
Selling a house is quite different from selling just about anything else primarily because so much of the buyer/occupant’s emotion is involved in the decision to buy. I like to watch all those house shows on HGTV cable channel because, even if the situation is staged by actors, there is a lot to learn about dealing with buyers and showing a house.
The first thing I notice is that the salesperson is at the premises before the buyer arrives, and is almost always a woman. An extraordinary percentage of the most successful people in the house business are women. I think this is because women take the time to see and hear things that men often miss when dealing with buyers; and they take pains to avoid being confrontational.
Another factor that I think is critical is that the salesperson knows how much money the buyers have to work with (which they diplomatically call a “budget” rather than the maximum amount a buyer can “afford.”) They also know how much a lender will lend on the house, so they don’t waste time showing houses that buyers can’t buy.
When they arrive at the target house, there are two approaches that salesladies use: One is to open the house and to let the buyers roam around for about 5 minutes on their own. The house is usually “staged” with attractive furnishings, and immaculate. After the buyers have had a chance to see all of the house, they are “steered” into the room with the most “pop” where they are asked to list the attributes they liked best, then those they liked least. This way they can be kept thinking positively about the house.
The other approach to showing a house is to steer the client around so that the most positive aspects of a house are seen first. The kitchen, baths, patios, extra features, master bedroom, closets, etc. are seen, then the negative features are shown in the context of being minor inconveinances when compared to the positive aspects of the property.
When a buyer makes a negative remark, this is usually ignored. When it is responded to, it is with a positive remedy that the buyer can implement, rather than the seller making an accommodation.
Initially, price is mentioned only in the general context of its relationship to the “budget” of the buyer. Only when the general likes and dislikes have been discussed is the price mentioned. When the price is right on the market, it becomes irrelevant with respect to the house because the other competing houses the buyers will have seen will have been in the same general price range. Can your salesman ship be improved by these examples?
For more than 40 years, Jack Miller, has taught the most creative real estate investing techniques and strategies. His timely information is the most reliable and innovative in the real estate industry. Sign up for your FREE conference calls and weekly real estate lesson at http://www.CashFlowDepot.com
Get Rid of Clutter to Sell Your House Fast
Are you ready to sell your house, but worry, “How can I sell my house looking like this? It’s a mess!” Or are you discouraged that your house won’t sell and you know it would show better if you cleaned it out, but you’re overwhelmed by the thought of it?
Let’s face it. We have all too much stuff! And most of us tolerate the mess as it builds, takes over our lives, and stresses us out until something forces us to do something about it. And that “something” is often deciding to sell your house. When getting your house ready to sell, there is no task more daunting for most people than getting rid of “all that stuff.”
But no matter how bad your house it, you can clean it out in a weekend with the right mindset and some “muscle help” of course. Believe me, I’ve cleaned out houses worse than yours in one weekend, so I KNOW you can do it.
STEP 1: HOW BAD IS IT?
If your clutter isn’t too bad, you will at least need to get these things before you get started.
– Lots of boxes. Your liquor store is great places to get sturdy free boxes.
– Contractor bags. These huge, heavy-duty bags don’t rip or break. Look for 42 gallon 3 ml bags at your hardware store.
– Cable ties. The twist ties that come with some contractor bags are wimpy. These will never let you down.
– Masking or packing tape and permanent marker. Label every box and bag. You will be glad you did later.
– Manpower. Teenage boys are great for this and reasonable. Some will even work for food!
Depending on your level of clutter and how much you want to get rid of, you may also need:
– A storage pod or storage unit. It’s delivered to your house so you don’t have to get your stuff to a storage unit.
– A dumpster. This can really make your life easy if you’ve got a lot of stuff to get rid of.
STEP 2: GET RUTHLESS
People hang on to stuff because:
– It has sentimental value – Get creative. How about taking pictures of all your kids’ grade school art work and have the digital version instead?
– They think they might need it someday – Have you used it lately? Could you replace it if you need it later?
– They value because once they spent money on it – You already “wasted” your money. Now keeping the junk is subtracting from the value of your house.
Decide to let go. You will find it quite liberating.
STEP 3: GET DECISIVE
You’ll have to make quick decisions. If you agonize over every item in your house, you won’t get done. Once you make a few hard decisions, it gets easier and easier.
When in doubt, think “Would my life be different without this?” If this answer is no, out it goes!
MAKE YOUR MOTTO: WHEN IN DOUBT, THROW IT OUT!
STEP 4: GET STARTED
Using your newfound-skills of being ruthless and decisive, go through your house room by room. Don’t forget your basement, attic, garage, or crawl space.
Move everything you want to get out before you sell your house into one area, divided into three sub-areas:
– The “I have to keep it” stuff. Box up and store all non-essentials while selling your house.
– The “I don’t want it, but someone else may” stuff. Donate it all to charity and getting the tax write off. Or if you love having a yard sale, have one, if time allows. Then take whatever is left to your nearby charity or arrange for a charity to pick it up.
– The “Nobody would want this” stuff. Bag it up for the trash, take it to the dump, pay someone to haul it, or use that dumpster.
If you spend just one weekend de-cluttering, but can sell your house fast, more easily, and for more money, just think how well your time was spent.
Deane Alban is co-owner of Pretty Nice Properties, a full-service real estate investment company. She is the author of “The Truth About FSBO – Complete Selling System.” She has a blog at http://truthaboutfsbo.com/blog, where she answers homeowners’ most pressing questions about selling their house for sale by owner. Her advice is relevant for anyone trying to sell a house in today’s market – homeowners selling FSBO or with an agent, as well as fellow real estate investors.
Selling Your Home? Tips to Sell Your House Quickly
We all know the economy is in terrible shape as is the real estate market. For sure, people are being a little more wise with their pennies than they were which makes it more difficult to sell your home quickly in a recession. I think it is fair to say, we won’t be as easily parted from our money as in times gone by. Selling your home fast is something rarely heard today.
However, life goes on and people still need places to live. There are still people looking to move, maybe even due to the recession. There are still young people that are looking to get a footing on the property ladder. You can sell your home quickly in a recession.
What you have to do is be wise with your money and do everything you can to make your home stand out from the bunch, there are alot of tips to sell your house quickly.
The real estate agents are definitely feeling the strain and the likelihood is they care even less than they did before about selling your home let alone selling it quickly. They have a lot of homes to sell and selling your home is not their priority, even though they like you to believe that is the case.
Consider this when you are thinking of paying the real estate agent around 6% commission on the total sale price of your house. Ask yourself if can you afford to be paying them this money, especially as your house has already lost value due to the recession. Follow the tips to sell your house quickly.
To sell your home quickly in a recession, hold an open day. This will increase interest as it will make your house look in demand. When you put an ad in the paper arrange a date and time for a public viewing. This does two things, firstly, it makes it easy for a potential buyer to view your house. This way there is no pressure and they can come to the viewing without feeling obliged in any way. Secondly, it makes your property appear as though it is very in demand and has had a lot of interest this is .
Be proud of your house and look happy to be there if you want to sell your home quickly in a recession. If you look desperate to get out of there, chances are, no-one will want to move in. Basically, if you don’t look happy to be there they won’t want to buy it. If you appear too desperate they will wonder what is wrong with your house. Smile, appear relaxed and happy. Act like you have all the time in the world to be selling your home.
It is very difficult to sell an empty property, a lot of buyers find it difficult to use their imagination. After all, imagining yourself living somewhere is hard when there are none of the things that we are used to seeing in our homes like sofas, beds and personal effects. It really does make a huge difference. If you really must leave your property empty, it is a good idea to rent furniture and accessories to make it look homely and inviting.
If you are selling your home, click on the following link to read a review of another way to sell your home quickly in a recession: [selling your home]