Month: May 2018
How to Acquire Top Dollar When Selling Your House
You can find out how several people had good fortune in selling their houses for top dollar regardless of the current economic situation. How can one achieve this objective? You will be happy you asked after reading about several of these tips that will indicate how you can achieve this too.
The right price for your house should be the primary thing that you do once you decide to sell your home. This is extremely important to the success of the sale. Setting it too high will turn off buyers and pricing it too low will not be in your favor financially in the long run. One way to make your mind up on a workable price is to study the price of other homes in your neighborhood. Truthfully appraise other properties as if you were a buyer looking at a property instead of a seller.
Use a price range, separated by five to ten thousand dollar increments rather than an exact amount. With an asking price of $ 250,000 for example, inquiries would also fall in the $ 247,000 scale, but the potential buyer pool widens much more if the price is decreased to $ 225,000.
In order to glean more showings and offers on your house, consider using the value range marketing tool. List a scale of two prices for a house instead of limiting yourself to one particular price. Consider what price you would agree to today if a buyer offered to write you a check. Then consider a reduced price that you would be willing to bargain upwards from in the hopes of reaching some middle ground of acceptance to both you and the buyer.
Get an aggressive listing agent. The decision to get a listing agent must be dependent on personal recommendations. A hiring decision must be predicated on suggestions from friends, neighbors and colleagues as well as many interviews. In addition, make sure to come to an agreement about an exact, recorded marketing plan prior to signing a long term listing contract. Both you and your listing agent must be open to each other’s ideas. There are methods to advertise your house that your new broker could arrive at that includes: advertising copy, virtual tours, and flyers. Be receptive to ideas and try to think outside of that traditional real estate box.
Thinking about understanding more about Boulder CO real estate or other homes alternatives here in Colorado? Our real estate agents are here to assist you. Moreover, consider utilizing our free info and real estate tools if you are searching for real estate in Broomfield.
How to Sell Your House – Ten Tips to Get You Moving
1) Call other agents and ask them to revalue your house. Your price may be too high. Of course you won’t want to lower your price but if you want to sell then you may have to. With a lower price you should get more viewings, and if you get a lot more, then buyers could outbid each other. It’s down to how much you want to sell.
2) View your house with fresh eyes. Do any rooms need a lick of paint? Providing you choose neutral colours new paint can add freshness to any room, it’s cheap, quick and you can do it yourself. If you want to be more creative you could add a bright colour to one wall and have matching accessories but that will add to the cost.
3) Check your house f or DIY. Handles hanging off the cupboards, dripping taps, windows without curtains or not hanging properly make the property look uncared for. You want people to want to live in your house. Sure you will get the buyers who want to renovate property, but they will also want to pay less money. Most buyers do not want to renovate property, especially if it is a family house. Book in a couple of weekends and evenings to get those jobs done.
4) Smells – sounds grim, but does your house smell? Do you have pets? Dog-owners can become used to the smell of their dog but to non dog-owners, it can be very off-putting. You may need to clean your carpets and deodourize the furnishings. One house I’ve seen turned out not to have a u-bend in the loo… easily fixed and problem gone. People want a fresh smell in the house and especially in the bathrooms and kitchens. Avoid cleaners containing bleach as the smell of bleach will linger. If you have a coffee machine, then great, put it on before you have any viewings. It’s a very welcoming smell.
5) What’s the first impression of your property. Check from the outside and make sure it’s a good one. Especially if your property has been on the market for a long time and you’ve give up hope, the outside of the property might look neglected. Keep it looking good – you only need one person to buy your property. You need your front garden in especially good condition – doesn’t take much time and makes a big difference. Keep the hedge trimmed and everything looking well cared for.
6) Cleanliness. For every viewing, make sure it’s really clean. Sure, first impressions are hugely important, but after a favourable first impression, people begin to look closer. They want to live in a clean house and feel good. Dirt will turn people off your property.
7) Declutter. People want space. If your property has been on the market for a while you may have let things get cluttered. Have another clear out, tidy up and generally create space. You want to create a light, spacious and welcoming feel to your house, and where people will be able to imagine themselves in your property.
8) Ask a few agents to value your property. You may need a new agent with a new set of house details. Talking of which, check your house details – do they actually sell your house? Are the photos good and is a floor plan included? Some house details can be so poor, even negative with unflattering photos. Check that your agent is actively doing his job of selling your properly, not merely listing it. If he is not enthused by your property then you need another agent. Also, if he has had
your property on his books for a long time, then he may have lost hope in selling it and this may come out in his voice or odd comment to potential buyers – hopefully not, but worth checking out.
9) Say Yes to all viewings and be ready an hour before – agents can turn up early. Viewings are great on one hand, but you need to prepare for each one. You’ve got to tidy up, clean and ideally, be out of the property. People who are viewing your house really are interested in actually buying your house, even if their property isn’t on the market. Clean and tidy and then go out and do something nice – at least then you’ll come home to a nice, clean house and you’ve had a good time, even if it’s just round to the neighbours. And most definitely, let your agent have a spare key. When you come to sell your house you’ll be paying your agent a hefty fee so make use of them. Do not show potential buyers around yourself unless you are a salesman – in your nerves or over-keeness to sell your house you may hamper a sale instead.
10) When you’ve done what you think you need, enter your house as if you were a buyer and what do you see? Make more changes to give the best impression you can. It’s a detail but flowers always add freshness, brightness and show you care about where you live. In making these changes hopefully you’ll have the bonus of enjoying your property more whilst you live in the property!
Good luck with your house sale.
Susy Copus writes for the UK Property Search Engine, Wheres My Property and Renovate Alerts, the site that finds property to renovate.
Six Advantages Of Selling Your House To Realty Express, Inc.
Have you been looking into selling your house but are quite unsure of how to exactly go about it? If you think enlisting the help of a real estate agent is the only way to go about expediting the sale, think again. If you decide to proceed with selling your home to Realty Express, Inc., then you are afforded a number of extremely rare advantages.
1.Saving sizeable amounts of money in the process. Selling a house entails spending of inordinate amounts of money for advertising and real estate listings. This way, the house gets proper exposure to serious buyers. Not everyone has the funds for this though. If you are one of the folks who do not have or simply do not want to spend any more money than what is needed for closing a sale, then this option is definitely for you.
2.Access to immediate help in time of financial distress. People who own multiple houses but are in terrible financial distress would rather sell some of their homes than have the other ones go into foreclosure. Sure they can go hock the house on their own. But given the market performance, they will definitely have a hard time finding determined buyers. By selling your house to Realty Express, Inc., the process is much quicker. This then allows for faster recouping of equity payments to have funds to save other properties in danger of repossession.
3.Benefit from selling your house with a high degree of certainty. Dealing with companies that are into the business of buying houses is almost always a guaranteed sale. Unlike with selling on your own or through a realtor, you wont have much luck. Sometimes, it would take years for a fairly priced property to sell. If you do not have this much luxury of time, then opt to offer your house to Realty Express, Inc. as soon as possible.
4.Exclusive listing. You never know when your property might just be in-demand. And if you are not knowledgeable about how the market works, you may sign a document ensuring commission to a Real Estate Agent, only to find out youve signed an agreement giving him or her exclusive rights to find buyers. Of course now you wont be able to look for other buyers. By selling to reputable businesses, you wont encounter these scenarios. You wont be forced into giving up your property if you feel in any way uncomfortable about the deal.
5.Do away with lengthy paperwork. Selling a house entails taking care of a lot of paperwork. If you sell your house directly to businesses that are buying houses, you will steer clear of such a tedious undertaking.
6.Much bigger chances of getting a good price. Another beauty about selling a house through this option is the possibility of getting more for your beloved home. Negotiations are encouraged and you will be oriented as to the fee structure. You might even get lucky and have all fees and charges taken care of, depending on the final agreement.
Realty Express, Inc. realizes that financial distress such as foreclosure can be the main reason for wanting to sell your house. This is why the process of purchasing is conducted in a fast manner to avoid even the slightest trouble for you. And if you do decide to sell to us, youll be happy to know that we are able to come up with a reasonable offer in as little as 24 hours to help you better weigh your options.
Being a family business, Realty Express, Inc. provides housing solutions to any Canadian who needs to sell his house. Realty Express, Inc. offers housing solutions within 24 hours. To know more about its services, please visit www.realtyexpressinc.ca