1. Do you work full-time as a real estate agent? How long have you been working full-time in this industry? Do you also represent buyers? If so, for how long already? Kindly provide me your professional designations.
Issues in schedule as well as the agent’s dedication to your business deal can be determined whether he or she works full-time or not. Professional designations and the number of years the agent has been in this business are good references.
2. Do you have someone who will work with you in our transaction? How can they assist me? May I have their names? How can I get in touch with them?
Agents normally have a team or staff to help them selling a number of houses. They will usually hire more people the moment their businesses grow. Meeting with the agent’s team before you decide to work with them is imperative. You must get to know them. Understand their roles so you can formulate better expectations.
3. Do you own a website where you will list my property? Who will reply to the inquiries sent by my potential buyers? Can I have your email address and the name of your website?
Because of the convenience of online search, most home buyers choose to browse the Internet for home listings. Have your home listed on the web, may it be on the website of the agent or the company he or she is affiliated with.
4. How will you communicate with me and how often?
Many agents will use email, fax, or phone to keep in touch with you daily or weekly regarding some updates. Make this clear with your agent so you can level off your needs with the agent’s scheme.
5. What separates you from other agents? Kindly compare the average market time of other agents with yours.
In most cases, an agent’s marketing skills will spell the difference. How fast your home could sell will also depend on the research methods and execution of your agent. Researching for your area’s demographics can allow your agent to come up with a specific market list. This can help you market your property directly.
6. Will you inform me of the names of your previous clients?
Asking for the names of your agent’s past clients is a reliable way of checking if your agent has a good track record. This can be likened to the references asked by employers to the applicants. Communicating with the agents’ references will allow you to determine if his or her working style is what you are looking for.
7. Do you offer performance guarantee? Is it possible for me to end our listing agreement just in case I am unhappy with your work?
Offering a performance guarantee is easier said than done, considering how greatly regulated the real estate industry is. However, not having a guarantee does not imply that your agent is not capable of producing first-rate service. Agents normally will discuss with you the things you can anticipate from them.
8. Kindly provide details as to how you will be paid as well as the breakdown of the necessary fees. Can you put that in writing?
In most cases, agent commissions are shouldered by the sellers. Agents sometimes charge their clients- may it be a seller or a buyer- with other fees like administrative or special service fees. Be sure to ask your agent for a rough estimate of costs before signing any contract.
9. What will be your strategies in developing pricing approaches in selling my home?
Price is the usual factor if a property will sell quickly or not. Be sure that the present property information is available. Having a pre-appraisal will also be useful. Make sure you also understand your agent’s process of how he or she came up with the market analysis. You should also determine if foreclosed and For Sale by Owner homes as well as bank-owned sales are present in that file.
10. What will be your techniques in selling my house? How, where, and when will my house be advertised and who will shoulder the advertising expenses?
Your agent should have a detailed plan showing how the promotional budget for your property will be used. Be sure to ask your agent to present this to you. You should also ask if your agent has samples of the marketing tactics he or she suggested.
Add your property to our list of for sale by owners homes for free. Buyers looking for a new source of property for sale by owner can search for free. Free articles and tips, and secrets for buying and selling a home in today’s marketplace.